Wednesday, March 25, 2015

If we look the same...

If we look the same as we did when we were young, are we still the same person? Are our faces supposed to change as we grow into what we are today? I know that worry, laugh and frown lines can show up on our faces - and we can let disappointment and sadness continue to haunt our eyes - but can our faces show maturity in the Lord? How does kindness and gratitude map our faces? Are we recognizable to old friends in good ways or bad? How do you feel when someone tells you, you look the same? I don't know, but I'm going to ponder these thoughts for a time, trying hard not to wrinkle my brow and let you know my conclusions at a later time. Smile - it feels good!


Psalm 128
Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
    who walk in obedience to him.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table.
Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord.
May the Lord bless you from Zion;
    may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
    all the days of your life.
May you live to see your children’s children—
    peace be on Israel.


Psalm 129
“They have greatly oppressed me from my youth,”
    let Israel say;
“they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,
    but they have not gained the victory over me.
Plowmen have plowed my back
    and made their furrows long.
But the Lord is righteous;
    he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.”
May all who hate Zion
    be turned back in shame.
May they be like grass on the roof,
    which withers before it can grow;
a reaper cannot fill his hands with it,
    nor one who gathers fill his arms.
May those who pass by not say to them,
    “The blessing of the Lord be on you;

    we bless you in the name of the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment