Thursday, March 12, 2015


Over the last nine months I have read three books, that have changed my life. 
The first is a "teen" book, Getting Over Garrett Delaney, by Abby McDonald. The story is about a girl who is in love with her male best friend, he sees her as a person to discuss dating relationships with other girls. The lesson I learned from this book, is that we put expectations on ourselves and others that cheat us from looking elsewhere for happiness. Also, that I needed to forgive myself for being so stupid! Now, understand that it's not that I hold a candle for anyone, just that I have held onto ideas that just could never happen.

The second book is ,Hugette Clark, Biography, by N.W.Grisham. Hugette is from an incredible wealthy family, who has a HUGE house, many collections and no friends. She becomes a recluse, lives her last years in a hospital, eventually dying there. Her wealth is extreme, her collections are many and extreme, and no one ever sees them. Even, she herself has them displayed, but not touched. How pitiful that she could not have shared her life and money with others; that her collections were not enjoyed - how empty her life without friends. 

The third is by Lysa Terkeurt, My Best Yes. Lysa is a Christian who encourages we women to give only our best. This book taught me how to say no, how to know God's will for me and gave me the freedom to give my best to others - even when they expect more.

In spite of everything that has happened in my life, I am still learning and growing - for that I am so thankful. God's word continue to inspire me! These are my 3 basic thoughts for you to ponder: Get over the haunting past. Enjoy what you have and share it. Commit to doing only what you can do best. I will be praying for you!

Psalm 85

You, Lord, showed favor to your land;
    you restored the fortunes of Jacob.
You forgave the iniquity of your people
    and covered all their sins.
You set aside all your wrath
    and turned from your fierce anger.
Restore us again, God our Savior,
    and put away your displeasure toward us.
Will you be angry with us forever?
    Will you prolong your anger through all generations?
Will you not revive us again,
    that your people may rejoice in you?
Show us your unfailing love, Lord,
    and grant us your salvation.
I will listen to what God the Lord says;
    he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
    but let them not turn to folly.
Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
    that his glory may dwell in our land.
10 Love and faithfulness meet together;
    righteousness and peace kiss each other.
11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
    and righteousness looks down from heaven.
12 The Lord will indeed give what is good,
    and our land will yield its harvest.
13 Righteousness goes before him
    and prepares the way for his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment