Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Today...



Today has been a long day - doctor, pharmacy,
grocery, too much driving and not any fun.
But, in spite of everything, I am certainly able
 to give thanks to the Father that I have a car,
and gas, abundant food and  enough energy
to complete my errands. I am so grateful to be
 a part of His family and as the last verse in
Psalm 76 says, "He is feared by the kings
of the earth." - so I will know that He is in control,
that  I can be still and rest in my labors.

Praise God from whom all blessing flow,
praise Him all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts,
praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen

Psalm 75

1 We praise you, God,
    we praise you, for your Name is near;
    people tell of your wonderful deeds.
2 You say, “I choose the appointed time;
    it is I who judge with equity.
3 When the earth and all its people quake,
    it is I who hold its pillars firm.
4 To the arrogant I say, ‘Boast no more,’
    and to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up your horns.
5 Do not lift your horns against heaven;
    do not speak so defiantly.’”
6 No one from the east or the west
    or from the desert can exalt themselves.
7 It is God who judges:
    He brings one down, he exalts another.
8 In the hand of the Lord is a cup
    full of foaming wine mixed with spices;
he pours it out, and all the wicked of the earth
    drink it down to its very dregs.
9 As for me, I will declare this forever;
    I will sing praise to the God of Jacob,
10 who says, “I will cut off the horns of all the wicked,
    but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.”



Psalm 76
1 God is renowned in Judah;
    in Israel his name is great.
2 His tent is in Salem,
    his dwelling place in Zion.
3 There he broke the flashing arrows,
    the shields and the swords, the weapons of war.
4 You are radiant with light,
    more majestic than mountains rich with game.
5 The valiant lie plundered,
    they sleep their last sleep;
not one of the warriors
    can lift his hands.
6 At your rebuke, God of Jacob,
    both horse and chariot lie still.
7 It is you alone who are to be feared.
    Who can stand before you when you are angry?
8 From heaven you pronounced judgment,
    and the land feared and was quiet—
9 when you, God, rose up to judge,
    to save all the afflicted of the land.
10 Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise,
    and the survivors of your wrath are restrained.
11 Make vows to the Lord your God and fulfill them;
    let all the neighboring lands
    bring gifts to the One to be feared.
12 He breaks the spirit of rulers;
    he is feared by the kings of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment